At Goldenbee, we believe in creating an inclusive and supportive learning environment for all students. Our Inclusive Education program is based on the principles of social cohesion and equal opportunities for all. We are committed to provide quality education to students with special needs and ensuring that they receive the same level of attention and support as their peers.
The Inclusive Program at Goldenbee School is monitored and mentored by our Resource Team, a multidisciplinary group of professionals with expertise in adaptive curriculum and co-operative learning. This team of experts works closely with teachers, school administrative staff, Support staff and parents to address the individual needs of students with special needs.
Using diagnostic tools and behavioural modification techniques, the Resource Team develops personal, educational, and social skills in students to help them reach their full academic potential. Our students receive tailored support that is based on their individual learning needs, provided by teachers, grade coordinators, the principal and personalised learning staff.
At Goldenbee we believe in education that is holistic in nature. Every classroom transforms into a structured learning environment that emphasises skill-based learning. Our aim is to provide experiences that encourage exploration and higher order thinking skills. Our tailor-made curriculum, designed by skilled professionals, meets the dynamic educational needs of the 21st century. Our teaching and learning methodologies include a learner centric approach, practical hands-on learning experiences, and design thinking, which fosters the ability of learners to adapt and embrace the vigorously changing world.
In addition to learning support, we also provide counselling services to students facing difficulties. Our counselling centre helps students to understand and accept their difficulties and provides them with the skills and strategies to cope effectively. Our PLC staff is dedicated to empowering students to achieve academic excellence, and parents play a crucial role in this process by providing support and guidance at home.
Goldenbee is committed to provide inclusion in education where all the students are being able to access and gain equal opportunities to education and learning. We believe in making sure all learners feel welcome and valued, and that they get the right support to help them develop their skills and achieve academic excellence. Our integrated curriculum scaffolds student learning and encourages shared experiences. The qualified and experienced special educators collaborate closely with teachers, parents and other professionals to stimulate the teaching and learning of students with additional requisites.
Personalised Learning Centre - PLC
At Goldenbee School, our team is driven by the wholesome development of each child. We believe in starting early to ensure that children have a strong foundation for the future. That’s why we have a carefully constructed approach to child care and education for grades 1-4 that emphasizes building on a learning curve, introducing a foundation course, and building academic challenges to prepare our students for the next levels.
During these formative academic years, we consistently work towards empowering our students for the real world by encouraging them to question, hypothesise, analyse, and be creative. We do this through well-researched projects, field trips, and an environment that augments classroom instructions for the development of positive attitudes and healthy habits.
We at Goldenbee, recognize that each child has unique learning potential and differing developmental needs. That’s why we have a Personalized Learning Centre (PLC) that provides learning support and counseling services to students with special needs. Our dedicated and meticulous staff comprises Personalized Learning Teachers (Special Educators) and counselors who plan and implement Individualized Education Plans (IEPs) and Individualized Counseling Plans (ICPs) for students with special needs.
- Primary Level Curriculum:
Goldenbee School prioritizes the overall development of a child during the primary level.
Starting early is better than catching up, so the school initiates this process in grades 1-4.
The approach to child care and education is carefully constructed for every grade as a foundation for the next. The curriculum is designed to shape a child’s perspective to accommodate and adapt to change.
The school places emphasis on building a learning curve and drawing children closer to handle important examinations such as the:
- Council For The Indian School Certificate Examinations (CISCE),
- Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE)
- International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE).
The primary school program focuses on empowering students for the real world by encouraging questioning, hypothesising, analysing, and creativity. The school aims to create an environment where students develop positive attitudes and healthy habits by supplementing classroom instruction with well-researched projects and field trips.
- Introduction to Personalised Learning Centre – PLC
Goldenbee School recognizes that each child has unique learning potential and developmental needs.
The school Personalised Learning Centre aims to optimize the learning experience in the following positive and inclusive ways:
- PLC of Goldenbee provides educational assistance, counselling services and remediation programmes, curriculum-based life skills, vocational guidance and SOI for the community.
- They hold workshops, awareness and training programmes for the school community.
To ensure smooth functioning of the PLC department, the following measures have
- The department has ideal manpower, standardized infrastructure, and training workshops for students, teachers, and parents.
- An induction program is provided for staff of the likes of Teachers, Coordinators, Vice Principals, Principals, SPA Staff and RE Cell to understand inclusive education and the functioning of PLC.
- Quality assurance and guidance are provided through handholding sessions and yearly audits by the Centre and Vertex team to ensure effective functioning of the department.
- PLC meets are conducted for staff to understand systems and processes and enhance their skills with new intervention techniques.
The Process of Inducting into our Personal Learning Centre
Prospective students looking to join Goldenbee for grades Playschool through Sr. KG, must first undergo an informal interaction with the school’s Admission (RE) team. This interaction is designed to assess the student’s prerequisite skills necessary for academic learning in their desired grade and to identify any students with Special Learning Needs. During the interaction, the RE Cell/Grade Coordinator will administer a checklist to evaluate the student’s capabilities in accordance with Goldenbee’s expectations.
Similarly, for students looking to join Grades 1 through 10, a competency test is conducted by the RE Cell, which is then corrected by either the respective Grade Coordinator or the RE Cell. The purpose of this test is to determine the student’s aptitude and proficiency in the subject matter, as well as to evaluate their overall readiness for the grade level.
At Goldenbee, we take great care in evaluating and selecting our students, ensuring that they are best suited to thrive in their academic pursuits. The admission process is designed to identify areas where additional support may be needed, and to ensure that each student is placed in a grade level where they can excel and succeed.
At Goldenbee, we believe that every child is unique and should be treated as an individual. Our learner-centric pedagogy is designed to approach each child as a separate entity, rather than a mere student in a class. Our highly qualified and experienced teachers guide students along every step, encouraging them to experiment and come upon their own strengths and weaknesses themselves. We strive to create an environment for students that catalyses their academic, physical, emotional, spiritual and intellectual growth. We maintain a consistent ratio of ten students to one teacher, allowing adequate time and attention for each child to actualize the full capacity of his/her potential. Our focus is on quality, not quantity, and we ensure that every child is given the attention they deserve.
Unconventional Methods for Holistic Development
We are constantly pushing ourselves devising unconventional methods that are both interactive and spread over a wide spectrum of topics. Our objective is to develop a sense of context and objectivity in our children, equipping them for larger challenges. We understand that learning does not happen only within the four walls of a classroom, and we aim to provide our students with a wide range of experiences. We organize field trips, outdoor activities, and projects that allow students to apply their knowledge in real-life situations. Our curriculum also includes a ‘Life Skills’ Unit in every academic year, which keeps the children persistently acquainted with a just, objective vision of society.
Focused on Developing Future Leaders
At our school, we are committed to developing future leaders who are equipped to tackle challenges and excel in their chosen field. We understand that education is not only about academic excellence, but also about developing the skills and competencies necessary for success in life. Our teachers work tirelessly to nurture the unique talents and strengths of each child, while also providing them with the guidance and support they need to overcome their weaknesses. Our goal is to create a community of lifelong learners who are confident, compassionate, and capable of making a positive impact on the world.
Our unique curriculum is geared for:
Personalised progress: Our curriculum focuses on personalised progress, both personally and academically, to ensure each child’s individual needs are met.
Motivational benchmarks: We set benchmarks for achievements to motivate students to excel in their learning journey.
Learning disability support: Our teachers are trained to diagnose and work with learning disabilities, providing tailored support to students who need it.
Facilitated instruction: We facilitate instruction and ease curriculum decisions to ensure students have the necessary resources and support to succeed.
Student progress support: We assist students in tracking their own progress and overcoming challenges to achieve their full potential.
Parental guidance: We provide guidance for parents to keep them informed and involved in their child’s education, fostering a strong partnership between parents and teachers.
Fostering Innovative Learning
At Goldenbee, we believe that learning is a journey, not a destination. Culminating Activities are an integral part of this journey, providing an opportunity for students to showcase their understanding of the topic. These activities form a well-thought and organised conceptual network of skills, demonstrating students’ ability to use knowledge in novel situations.
Our approach to learning emphasizes macroscopic understanding over microscopic details. We encourage students to use knowledge as a reflective tool for making judgements, rather than simply assimilating isolated facts about various topics. This fosters critical thinking and a deeper understanding of the subject matter.
In the concluding part of teaching units, Culminating Activities are held for both primary and secondary sections. These activities cover topics related to languages, science, and social science. To facilitate this process, teaching aids and worksheets related to the unit are displayed in the classroom, providing a supportive environment for students to showcase their work.
As a gesture of encouragement, we exhibit students’ artwork, class activities, and project work related to the unit during the activity. This consolidates students’ learning and provides an opportunity to showcase their hard work and creativity. We also involve parents in these events, inviting them to view their children’s work and encouraging them to be proactive in their child’s education.
At Goldenbee, we believe that every student is unique and deserves a learning environment that fosters innovation and creativity. Our Culminating Activities provide a platform for students to demonstrate their learning and inspire others to do the same.
At Goldenbee, our curriculum is designed to encompass the inherent abilities and needs of students, providing a balanced education. Our philosophy is based on the following aspects:
- Curriculum designed to encompass students’ abilities and needs
- Balanced education that caters to each student’s inherent potential
- Based on Dr. Howard Gardner’s Theory of Multiple Intelligences
- Recognizing and nurturing every student’s strengths and talents
- Wide range of disciplines, including arts, self-awareness, communication, and physical education
- Comprehensive curriculum coupled with state-of-the-art facilities and supportive environment
- Helping students reach their full potential and achieve their goals on a global level.
Each child’s uniqueness is celebrated and reinforced through focused guidance and steady opportunities during their developmental years at Goldenbee. Our school advocates for inclusion by enabling all students, including those with special educational needs, to learn and participate effectively within the mainstream school system. Our inclusion efforts provide students with specially designed instruction and support alongside the standard curriculum, allowing them to attend regular school.
The principles that underpin our commitment to inclusivity are as follows:
- Inclusion is a continual process that requires persistent initiative to identify and reduce the barriers to learning and participation.
- Strengthening and sustaining the participation of students, teachers, school administrators, parents, and community members is a duty and a responsibility.
- Providing an accessible curriculum and appropriate training programs for teachers and students is crucial for inclusion.
- Constant support, direction, and encouragement to the students and teaching faculty is offered to ensure inclusivity.
Our Inclusive Programme is centred around a dedicated team of multidisciplinary professionals who provide comprehensive support to students with special needs. We are committed to providing inclusive education to all our students.
To this end:
- Our multidisciplinary Resource Team provides a comprehensive program for students with special needs.
- The ‘Resource Team’ uses various diagnostic tools and behavioural modification techniques to develop students’ interpersonal and intrapersonal skills, promoting personal and educational growth.
- We have a dedicated ‘Resource room’ with a Counselling Centre that offers vocational and professional guidance to all students.
- Our team of experts also implement counselling programs, psycho-educational assessments & therapeutic counselling services, as well as remediation programmes to promote academic achievements and to help students address behavioural and cognitive issues.
Our inclusion principles ensure equal education opportunities for children with disabilities and reduce discrimination.
Teacher Student Ratio
- At our school, we value and celebrate the uniqueness of each child. To ensure that every child receives adequate attention and guidance, we maintain a small class size.
- The teacher-student ratio is 1:10 at the primary level and 1:24 at the secondary level.
- Our teachers strive to understand each child’s individual needs and learning styles to provide an inclusive and balanced education.
- We have tailored interventions, teaching strategies, and support systems to cater to each child’s specific requirements.
- Small class sizes allow for hands-on experiences and meaningful peer interaction, promoting active participation in the learning process.
- Immediate and personalized feedback is also a key feature of our teaching approach, enabling teachers to identify and address any emotional or academic hurdles early on.
Our student’s safety is our prime responsibility. Goldenbee follows the best in-class safety measures for all members of the school.
- The Primary section has two teachers in each class.
- At least one teacher assists students for any out-of-class activity.
- Educational facilitators are with the primary students at all times.
- There is prompt access to medical care, and a full-time nurse is present on the school premises.
- Dedicated lift attendants
- There are dedicated male and female ancillary staff on each floor, located near the respective washrooms.
- There is a full-time counsellor and resource team who check against abuse and bullying.
- Security personnel are always present during and after school hours.
Rules & Safety Measures
- Unauthorised persons are not allowed entry.
- Students must wear badges or picture IDs at all times.
- Random bag checks are conducted in the secondary section for safety.
- Teachers monitor students during breaks and arrival/dismissal.
- Zero-tolerance policy for sexual harassment, drugs, and other unacceptable issues.
- Regular training is conducted for security, housekeeping, transport, and cafeteria staff.
- Regular safety audits are conducted to maintain/improve school safety.
- Authorities conduct regular rounds of the school premises for safety.
- A strict disciplinary policy is followed to discourage unacceptable behaviour.
- Students can only leave early with verification from parents and an authorized letter signed by the principal, teacher, nurse, and grade coordinator.
Teacher Training Program
At Goldenbee, we strongly believe that a teacher’s growth is critical to a student’s growth. Therefore, we take measures to ensure our teachers continuously evolve and keep up with changes in the education system. The various training programmes are as follows:
CISCE Council Training::
Annual CISCE Council Training for secondary section teachers in various subjects, conducted at the regional office in Kolkata.
CIE Training, which is held face-to-face in different cities across India with a concentration of CIE schools, as well as online training options.
Counsellors & Special Educators
Special Education/skills training for our counsellors and special educators, hosted by various agencies throughout the year.
AISM cell meetings, where senior teachers provide training and orientation in different subjects, particularly for Grade X.
MISA Training, provided by the Mumbai International Schools Association to ensure our teachers remain updated with global standards.
Publishers Training, allowing teachers to interact with publishers and gain a better perspective on the syllabus.
MISA Training, provided by the Mumbai International Schools Association to ensure our teachers remain updated with global standards.
Base Training (ONLY Science Training)
The Bombay Association for Science and Education offers a comprehensive science training program for secondary school teachers, known as Base Training. The program caters to educators from both national and international boards, focusing on enhancing their teaching skills and subject knowledge.
Innovation & Design Thinking
Design thinking is an increasingly popular approach employed by educators to facilitate projects and cultivate change-making skills amongst students. As both a mindset and method, it leverages anthropological techniques to generate novel solutions aligned with human behavioural needs and preferences. By fostering innovation and bolstering creative confidence in students, design thinking empowers them to effectuate positive changes in the world. Design challenges serve as a platform for students to unleash their creativity and believe in their potential, honing 21st-century skills along the way.
Goldenbee incorporates design thinking to imbue students with a perspective that bridges academic subjects with real-world, project-based, hands-on learning experiences.